Thanks for your help.

I was thinking that the interceptors might be a good idea. I like the idea
of the
responsibility being in the broker because, you could argue, it is the
broker and
not the client that should concern itself with HA and load balancing etc.

The Transformer on the Producer sounds quite clean but it still assumes the
client
takes responsibilty.

 I really like the idea of Camel. I was reading about the EIP's the other
day. I'm afraid
I probably haven't understood its purpose properly. I thought it was a
framework
of recommended patterns which Active actually implements. Are you saying
that
I can specifically get Active to use some of those patterns? Sorry - a bit
thick here.

Thanks again.