I have.  Just "kill -9" the java process to simulate a power failure.  Try
various producer and consumer combinations.

  In certain circumstances ActiveMQ will not be able to auto-recover, because
it tries to access a file that should not be there (ie data--2).  There is a
bug in the code, where an extra hyphen is added to the pathname (it should be
data-2) in some cases.