  2) Use zeroconf for message clients to auto-discover brokers it can
connect to
  3) Each broker in the network should (optionally) be highly reliable to
avoid message loss by replicating
      its message store.
  4) the infrastructure should be scalable and be able to increase message
handling capacity by simply
      adding more nodes without changing any static configuration.

#2 is an issue here. If a message client is configured to connect to a
specific M/S cluster, it's not an issue... but if a client is made to auto
discover brokers and can switch to any arbitration M/S cluster in the
network, there is a racing condition between a slave taking over as as the
new master in its cluster and the message client switching away to another
borker. If the later occurred first, then the client may loss messages as a
result.

Therefore, I'll assume #2 is not possilbe in this case, and a message client
must specify failover as the protocol and spell out the list of hosts in the
master / slave pairs?