----- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are running a SunOS 5.9 box, with apache 2.2.4... and we have run
> out
> of inodes, is any possible way for increasing file descriptors
> without
> having stdio issues or other like issues? it's a production machine
> and
> I'm playing with my job :(... lol

  Well, inodes are used to store file meta data on your disks.  Usually, when
you run out, you should either delete some files, or reformat your filesystem
with more inodes reserved.  Some filesystems can add more inodes without a
reformat.

  File descriptors are different.  Adding more file descriptors, involves
increasing the size of the kernel descriptor table.

Tom