The default JDBCPersistenceAdapter has access to the BrokerService.
The broker service exposes the ManagementContext that contains a
getMBeanServer-method. So you get easy access to the MBean-Server.
Just register your JMX-Bean there. Example:

        // just to illustrate..
        MyPersistenceAdapter adapter = this;
        MyPersietenceAdapterMBean view = this; // or make a new MPAView()

        MBeanServer mbeanServer =
brokerService.getManagementContext().getMBeanServer();
        if (mbeanServer != null) {
                ObjectName objectName = new
ObjectName(managementContext.getJmxDomainName() + ":" + "BrokerName="
                        +
JMXSupport.encodeObjectNamePart(getBrokerName()) + "," +
"Type=ProxyConnector," + "ProxyConnectorName="
                        + JMXSupport.encodeObjectNamePart(connector.getName()));
                mbeanServer.registerMBean(view, objectName);
         }

Mario