The following test produces unexpected results:

1) Start a broker with a statically defined destination topic called
VirtualTopic.FOO
2) Start a consumer listening to Consumer.A.VirtualTopic.FOO
3) Start a sender and send N messages to VirtualTopic.FOO
4) Consumer correctly receives N messages.
5) Kill the consumer process
6) Stop the broker
7) Start the broker
8) Start a sender and send N messages to VirtualTopic.FOO
9) Start a consumer listening to Consumer.A.VirtualTopic.FOO

FAIL: the consumer does not receive N messages as expected.

If I put messages on the topic before stopping the server, then the consumer
WILL receive the messages on start up.

Is this my misunderstanding of how Virtual Topics should work, or is this a
defect I should report?

Also: as a workaround, anyone have any experience using Composite
Destinations to mimic the virtual topics -- sending to a queue which sends
to registered queues internally (and hopefully putting some kind of
low-limit policy for retaining messages on the top-level queue)?

Thanks,
Dan