Unfortunately, I am familiar only with the javascript client portion of the
puzzle. The MessageListenerServlet itself is the entity that establishes the
JMS connection with the broker. (Hope my terminology is correct there.) The
servlet acts as a pass-through proxy to the javascript client. If you are
seeing this servlet drop connections to the broker, it should show up using
detailed logging.

Which condition in doMessages is failing?
  - is there at least one consumer?
  - does consumer.getAvailableListener() return a value?

In subversion, there doesn't appear to be many changes in the early part of
the doMessages() method. Would you be able to include the avtivemq-web.jar
file from the head in your project to replace the 4.x version. There may be
other dependencies that prevent this, but I have never tried.

-- jim

-- jim