----- "lancedv" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Im trying to use jaas in my activemq instance and have followed the
> instructions in the security page and some hints in this forum but im
> getting this error when starting activemq:
>
> ERROR BrokerService                  - Failed to start ActiveMQ JMS
> Message
> Broker. Reason: java.lang.SecurityException: User is not
> authenticated.
>
> im using activemq snapshot 5 running on fedora 6.

  What does your config file look like?

  Unfortunately, I found there are certain things you can password protect, and
have other things work.  For instance, the management topic.  It will fail to
be created, as apparently ActiveMQ demands that ActiveMQ use an admin password
when connecting to itself.  It is a bit bizarre.