Hi.  I'm using AMQ for my first time on a new project, and I could use
a little guidance.

I'm recording events off of a queue using a message group, and would
like to fan the message out to other consumers on the same java
thread.  The other consumers will only want to see a subset of
messages, and they will be configured and re-configured fairly
regularly.  Also, these consumers may be nested arbitrarily deep.

One approach would be to have a single consumer, and come up with my
own application specific way to decide which objects to notify.  A
message would arrive at a consumer, and it would walk through a list
of objects to determine whether or not it should be notified of this
message.  It's doable, but seems like a waste of effort.

I'd prefer to express the notification criteria as a message selector.
 I've read about Filtered Destinations, and they sound like what I'm
looking for, except they involve the broker.  Configuration lives on
the broker, and will presumably send the message individually to each
consumer.

Is there a way to set up something like a consumer-side filtered destination?

TIA,

Rob.