Steffen Ewert wrote:
Thanks Daniel!

I think my problem is the missing @ResourceAdapter annotation. But, do you
know in which jar I can find the org.jboss.annotation.ejb.ResourceAdapter
annotation? I work on JBoss 4.2.2GA and i can't find the package
"org.jboss.annotation" anywhere ... :-( Must I install a additionaly JBoss
package? Or where else can I find the annotation?

I used 4.2.1.GA

This is the classpath from my build.xml:

 <path id="j2ee.classpath">
   <fileset dir="${j2ee.dir}">
     <include name="lib/**.jar"/>
     <include name="server/${j2ee.jboss.config}/lib/**.jar"/>
<include name="server/${j2ee.jboss.config}/deploy/ejb3.deployer/**.jar"/>
   </fileset>
 </path>

Many thanks,
Steffen

Daniel Pocock wrote:

I've seen numerous postings regarding ActiveMQ with EJB3, and variations of a datasource XML file for use with JBoss integration.

However, they don't quite work. Here is what worked for me, it is actually quite simple:

1. Don't use any datasource file - only the RA file is required. Put it in the `deploy' directory. The file is called activemq-rar-4.1.1.rar and it is in the ActiveMQ distribution (lib/optional/)

2. In JBoss, the @ResourceAdapter annotation must be placed on the Message Driven Bean (MDB). This may vary for other application servers.

3. Examples I've seen elsewhere show an activationConfig with destination= . This doesn't work. Put the ActiveMQ destination name in the activationConfig. There is no need to put the queue in the JNDI.

Here is a working example - for EJB3 on JBoss, no XML descriptors are needed, just the RA file and the MDB.

import org.jboss.annotation.ejb.ResourceAdapter;
@MessageDriven(activationConfig =
        {
@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destinationType", propertyValue="javax.jms.Queue"), @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destination", propertyValue="FOO.TEST"), @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="acknowledgeMode", propertyValue="Auto-acknowledge")
        })
@ResourceAdapter("activemq-rar-4.1.1.rar")
public class TestBean implements MessageListener {

  public TestBean() {
  }

  public void onMessage(Message message) {
  }

}

Ready Technology Limited
Incorporated in England and Wales, 4940731
Registered office: Devonshire House, 60 Goswell Rd, London, EC1M 7AD