Ok just as a disclaimer Im having alot of trouble setting up ActiveMQ,
because the documentation isnt that flash, but it appears it will do what i
need it to do.. if i could get it to work..

So im trying to do two things, setup Queue's and Topic's in my config so
when ActiveMQ starts it will have the queue/topics already defined
Also for Queue's I need to be able to retain unrecieved messages if ActiveMQ
is to go down, and they should be delivered once amq is up and a client is
there to recieve it.

I cant really seem to figure out how to setup the queue/topics properly in
my config xml i have setup the following

    <destinations>
      <queue physicalName="testqueue" />
      <topic physicalName="testtopic" />
    </destinations>

both of these show up fine when i look in the web monitor, but from my
client I cannot look them up, is there a JNDI setup somewhere i need to
change?

I can setup dynamic queues/topics so i know i can actually send/recieve
messages through activeMQ

any help is appreciated.