Well, in theory it should work because it appears to conform to the proper
syntax. That is, failover://(uri1,...,uriN)?TransportOptions

I gave it a quick try, and here are my results. Note that in your case, you
should have randomize set to false because you first want to connect via the
discovery agent.

Neither one of these two worked. My client would connect to the one
discovery broker, but when that one failed the client never successfully
switched over to the localhost:61617 broker.

failover://(discovery:multicast://default,tcp://localhost:61617)?randomize=false
failover://(discovery:(multicast://default),tcp://localhost:61617)?randomize=false

These two worked like a charm

failover://(tcp://localhost:61616,tcp://localhost:61617)?randomize=false

patrickjamesbarry wrote:

> Is it possible to use MultiCast for failover, but in the event that all
> those brokers become unavailable, you would use a static ip address?
> failover://(discovery:multicast://default,tcp://test.you.com:61616)

-----
Joe
www.ttmsolutions.com