From: Rob Davies [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 26 February 2008 10:04
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: JBoss Messaging Stomp Configuration

On 25 Feb 2008, at 21:06, Johann Ungerer wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm totally new to the entire JMS environment, but am trying to
> connect a .NET Client to a JBOSS Messaging implementation. Thus far
> I've tried with the NMS client, using an OpenWire connector, but I
> figure this will never work.
>
> It's been recommended that I use a STOMP connector, but can't quite
> get either my JBOSS Server configured to listen on STOMP, or get
> STOMP to talk to the JBOSS.
>
> Has anyone tried to make a C# client talk to JBOSS and if so, please
> provide some guidance on what I need to do in order to achieve this.
>
> TIA,
> j/

ActiveMQ is both client and sever side implementation  - JBoss
messaging doesn't use openwire - or know about STOMP. So either:

use ActiveMQ with the NMS client  - and use ActiveMQ instead of JBoss
messaging (best option ;)

or

use STOMP with Stomp Connect - configure that to bridge to JBoss
messaging

or

use ActiveMQ with stomp client and bridge to JBoss messaging

or

use NMS client with ActiveMQ and connect to JBoss messaging

cheers,

Rob