On 29 Feb 2008, at 03:10, Qian Su wrote:

Hi,

We are using Activemq version 4.1.1, tcp transport and we'd like the
producer to retry at least once in case of connection timeout to a broker.
The brokers are configured behind a load balancer.

Does Activemq support retries on the producer end?

I am aware of the FailoverTransport and knows it provides configuration for maxReconnectAttempts, initialReconnectDelay, etc, but am not sure if this is the best approach or if it is applicable for our situation since the load balancer is the only one point of entry to talk to a broker in our case.

Is it correct to configure a producer connection URL to the load balancer
something like this:

failover://(tcp://host:61616)? maxReconnectAttempts=1&initialReconnectDelay=200

That should work!
By the way, I tried the above URL and id doesn't seem to work.

Maybe try a bigger initialReconnectDelay ?

Any direction would be helpful.
Thanks,
Qian