Hey folks,

i am using AMQ 4.1.2 and even the most simple authentication won't work.
(same error with AMQ 5.* by the way)

I am following exactly the documentation here:
http://activemq.apache.org/security.html

Documentation seems to be incomplete or for JAAS experts only.

But one after the other:

Authentication Example

Here is an example login.config which then points to these files

    * users.properties
    * groups.properties

Ok, so followed the links and created

-> login.config under $AMQ_HOME/conf:

activemq-domain {
    org.apache.activemq.jaas.PropertiesLoginModule required
        debug=true

org.apache.activemq.jaas.properties.user="org/apache/activemq/security/users.properties"

org.apache.activemq.jaas.properties.group="org/apache/activemq/security/groups.properties";
};

-> users.properties under $AMQ_HOME/conf:

system=manager
user=password
guest=password

-> groups.properties under $AMQ_HOME/conf:

admins=system
tempDestinationAdmins=system,user
users=system,user
guests=guest

via copy & paste from the documentation.

Then the documentation gets fuzzy and i don't know what the hell to do next.

I inserted this section into my activemq.xml

<plugins>
<simpleAuthenticationPlugin>
        <users>
                <authenticationUser username="system" password="manager"
                        groups="users,admins"/>
                <authenticationUser username="user" password="password"
                        groups="users"/>
                <authenticationUser username="guest" password="password"
groups="guests"/>
        </users>
</simpleAuthenticationPlugin>

</plugins>

like in the documentation example.

But when i start up the broker it gives me the error:

ACTIVEMQ_HOME: /opt/activemq_4
ACTIVEMQ_BASE: /opt/activemq_4
ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unrecognized
xbean element mapping: authenticationUser in namespace
http://activemq.org/config/1.0
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unrecognized
xbean element mapping: authenticationUser in namespace
http://activemq.org/config/1.0
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:70)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:50)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.runTask(ShellCommand.java:82)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:50)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.main(ShellCommand.java:46)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.runTaskClass(Main.java:202)
        at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.main(Main.java:91)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
Unrecognized xbean element mapping: authenticationUser in namespace
http://activemq.org/config/1.0
        at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.v2c.XBeanNamespaceHandler.parseBeanFromExtensionElement(XBeanNamespaceHandler.java:264)

So, i am lost.

I know there is a more complicated example below in the documentation, but
as far as i understood, the above steps are all that are necessary, to set
up a simple, but working authentication?

Could somebody please give me a push in the right direction and tell me what
i am doing wrong?

Thx in advance guys.......