Thanks guys, so when I try to create a Queue using the following:

        ActiveMQSession session = this.con.getConnection().createSession(false,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
        // create queue
        Queue request = session.createQueue( name );
        System.out.println("The queue has been created: " +
request.getQueueName()
);
        Thread.sleep( 3000 );

An then I try to list the queues in the previous code snippet, it does not
show up. When I try using the admin console, I still dont see the queue that
I created! Is there something wrong or is this a bug??

-Shaf.