We have a distributed architecture with two brokers connnected to each other
through WAN.

We configured it using network of brokers.
One producer sends messages to a distributed queue named "aqueue" on broker
A.
One consumer consume messages from the queue "aqueue" on broker B.

I thought activemq is responsible for the reliability of the message
transfer.
Which means the when message are sent to aqueue at broker A, the messages
are first store on broker A's persistent store and then forwarded to broker
B's persistent store and afterwards consumed by the consumer on broker B. If
network between these two brokers are not stable, it is activemq's job to
ensure the message is delivered and delivered only once.

But in real production environment, we found message loss when network
between the two brokers is down.

I need proffesional help to address this issue. Is this a bug of activemq or
a configuration issue?
Can anybody give me some advice to avoid this kind of message loss?