Hiram Chirino wrote:

> A connection will hold on to messages that's trying to deliver to it's
> client until the broker detects that the connection has failed.
>
> In the last case is you main thread blocked somewhere?

Nope, the programm shuts down correctly, probably because at the receive
method a timeout is set.

I tested somehting else: Instead of a transacted receive session I used a
autoacknowledged receive session and get with the same test case following
results:

Without step 3. + without connection abort: Everything is fine, except that
sometimes the first two messages are interchanged, which means I receive
them in the following order: 2,1,3,4,5,6,....

Without step 3. + with connectino abort: Everything is fine, or better to
say as expected. I receive an exception as expcected and when I try to
receive the messages I get all messages which were sent correctly and I NOT
get the message the exception was thrown on (at least an improvement here).

With step 3. + without connection abort: I receive no messages at all. Could
there be a problem with the broker at this point, because this seems very
unusual ?

With step 3. + with connection abort: I also receive no messages at all.

One things to mention here: My seperate Java-QueueBrowser-App doesn't list
any messages at any point of time, even if there are messages in the queue
because seconds later I receive them with the console application. The
receiving mode (autoacknowledged or transacted) seems to influence this
behavior.

However what would be the relevant broker settings that could have something
to do with this behavior ?
Furthermore what exactly does this mean "A connection will hold on to
messages that's trying to deliver to it's client until the broker detects
that the connection has failed." ? When the broker doesn't realize a
connection loss the queue somehow hangs, because it still tries to deliver
the messages to the client ?

Regards, Sebastian