Actually I found the reason.
When I checked that the file exists, I didn't notice that the file had a
*.cp ending instead of *.cpp and some files had *. instead of *.h
I found about 20 -30 files like this.
I am working on Red Hat Linux and in FAQ it says that Solaris could have
problems with tar, not Red Hat.
When I took the zip file for windows, I could compile it. My question  is
whether there are any implications for using this zip for Windows on Linux?
Thanks