Thanks for your help Bruce... but I've kicked a dead horse long enough. If
anyone has any examples that I might try, please post them. If the bug is in
log4j, then IMHO, I'd remove it because it's killing activemq.
I'm not going the ajax route, and I need some near real-time messages pushed
out to clients/applets. Polling is not an option for my app to work... guess
I need to start writing some good 'ol fashioned sockets.

I hope to hear what others have done. All ears here!
Thanks again!