Well. The 'other end' sends a long and and a string in a map message.

(from java sender)
 jmsmessage.setBytes("name", "somestring".getBytes("UTF8"));

If the string contains for example 'abc', then everything works fine,
I can read the long and the string.

But if the string contains for example a greek zigma sign encoded
to utf, and put into the map message as bytes, then as soon as I read the
long, then boom! ??

Søren