PROBLEM FOUND !!!

I wrote a simple client connecting to my activemq broker using the failover
transport and it worked.
Then I started adding the jar files that my bigger project uses, and at one
point the same problem appeared: it was saying attempting to connect for
hours.
After some adding and removing of jar files, I saw that the problem causing
this is the commons-logging-1.1.jar file.
When I add that jar file the failover transport is useless.
Any idea why this is so ?