We are seeing issues with ActiveMQ 5.1 and 5.2 RC2 with message dispatching
from queues. It is easily reproducible even using the out of the box
activemq configuration.

Send messages to the a queue (QueueA) using multiple threads (10 or 20
thread in a loop of 10) using JMeter or your custom code. Have the consumer
setup using spring DMLC (DefaultMessageListenerContainer) or with regular
JMS API sync or async consumption with multiple consumers. Consumer part can
be configured using Camel to consumer from QueueA and put the messages in
QueueB within ActiveMQ configuration as well.

After receiving some messages (the number is different each time), the
consumers stop receiving any messages even though there are some left on the
queue. Basically, the broker don't dispatch the messages  and they are stuck
until restart of the broker. Any new messages sent to the queue after this
are sometimes dispatched and other times they are stuck too.

This certainly seems like a major bug in the dispatch mechanism. I have
found below posts that state the exact problem.

http://www.nabble.com/Pending-Messages-are-shown-in-ActiveMQ-td20241332.html

http://www.nabble.com/Consumer-Listener-stop-receving-message-until-ActiveMQ-restart-td20355247.html

This is a very basic use case and I wonder how the version 5.1 is currently
used in production, if anyone is using at all.

We tried with prefetch limit as 1, asyncDispatch as true and false, session
transacted as true and false. In all cases, the dispatch problem still
exists starting after 100 messages until 1000 messages.

I hope any of the active commiters looks into this issue seriously. Would
really appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Rajani.