I embedded AMQ 5.2.0 inside JBoss 4.2.3.GA by following Bruce Snyder's
article at
http://activemq.apache.org/integrating-apache-activemq-with-jboss.html.
That's all working, and I can see the queues I set up from the JBoss
jmx-console.  Now I am struggling to make the AMQ web console to work in the
same JBoss instance.  I can deploy activemq-web-console-5.2.0.war to JBoss,
and I see 4 Topics, but I cannot see the queues I set up.  The log file
shows the following exception when the war is deployed:

15:04:50,200 INFO  [STDOUT] 2009-01-08 15:04:50,197 [ScannerThread  ] DEBUG
ManagementContext              - Failed to create local registry
java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 1099;

There have been several threads on this topic:

http://www.oreillynet.com/onjava/blog/2007/06/integrating_activemq_web_conso.html
http://www.nabble.com/Web-console-not-working-with-embedded-broker-setup-via-java-with-no-xml-configuration.-td20686813.html
http://www.nabble.com/Embedded-Brokers-%2B-Web-Console-td17467975s2354.html#a17467975
http://www.nabble.com/How-to-monitor-ActiveMQ-that-run-in-JBOSS-td12291171.html#a12291171
http://markmail.org/message/7uwuzidqm4dmhaq7?q=activemq+WebConsole+in+embedded+mode

but there is no single definitive set of steps to follow nor config file
samples.  Dejan Bosanac's article comes close, but not clear enough (all the
maven stuff made it more confusing :-( )

Can someone post their working config here?  Thanks,