Hiya

Thanks for that - clarified the issue nicely, but I have now found something
odd which may be related.

If I use flow control with fairly small values for memoryLimit e.g.

<policyEntry queue="xyz.Queue" useCache="true" producerFlowControl="true"
memoryLimit="3mb">

Then if I generate a lot of messages I eventually get an exception as I
would expect:

javax.jms.ResourceAllocationException: SystemUsage memory limit reached

At this point, producers can only write to the queue as space is freed up by
by consumers so this works as I would expect.  However, if I use a larger
memoryLimit value and get an exception when I run out of storage:

javax.jms.ResourceAllocationException: Usage Manager Store is Full

then the producers seem to hang even if the pending messages are consumed.
That is, they always generate a 'Usage Manager Store is Full' exception even
if all the message have been consumed.  I have also noticed that the 'Store
percent used' value in the Admin application never drops once it has got to
100%

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Richard