I'm running AMQ 5.2.0 and keep getting the error:

2009-03-31 08:41:28,674 [...@0.0.0.0:8161] WARN  log
- EXCEPTION
java.io.IOException: Too many open files
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept0(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept(Unknown Source)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector$1.acceptChannel(SelectChannelConnector.java:75)
        at
org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectorManager$SelectSet.doSelect(SelectorManager.java:475)
        at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectorManager.doSelect(SelectorManager.java:166)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.accept(SelectChannelConnector.java:124)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractConnector$Acceptor.run(AbstractConnector.java:537)
        at
org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:450)

This cause either of these problem:

- ActiveMQ process hangs on Apache, no messages can be sent or received, the
AMQ admin is not responding at the time either.
- AMQ & AMQ admin running but no messages can be sent although
receiver/consumer can still connect and check for message.

The pre-procedure is to start AMQ as background service, running message up
to 18-20k and the above occurs.

Some of my conf:
- maxFileLength: 1gb
- ulimit -n: 10240
- cealnupInterval: 1000 (ms)

My another concern is why cealnupInterval doesn't work. Nothing get cleaned
up as I expect the data file of the queue does.

Please anyone help.