Hello,

I would like to get some details on how can work the flow control through
JMS.

For example I see there is thow methods in the BasicDestination class which
are theorically called by the broker to slow down the producer
(fastProducer) or speed up the consumer (slowConsumer). The problem is that
I don't know exactly what effect these methods have on the JMS client. Is
the behavior internal between ActiveMQ JMS API implementation and it's
broker or do we need to add some code on our JMS client to get the
notifications sended by the ActiveMQ broker ?

Another question I have is about a test I done few days ago. I have one
consumer and one producer on a queue which are using transacted exchange.
Memory limit on the broker is defined like the default (5MB). My aim was to
send a big amount of message before comiting to check the ActiveMQ behavior.
The problem was I sended to much messages - 500 messages of 16KB. The
ActiveMQ broker was locked because it get its memory limit after 300
messages of 16KB, then sender was blocked too and could not commit and
naturally the receiver had nothing to get on the broker... So this is a kind
of big deadlock. Is there anyway to solve this problem without increasing
the memory limit of the broker (which from my point of view is not a
solution) ?

++