check out the "excludedDestinations" attribute of a network xml
configuration <http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html>, using
this you can define local destinations that will not be distributed. This
attribute is a list or queues and or topic names.

Check out an example configuration from the unit tests:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/resources/org/apache/activemq/network/duplexLocalBroker.xml?view=markup