Hello,

the content of my xml file :

<!--
    contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
    The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
    (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
    the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

    limitations under the License.
-->
<!-- START SNIPPET: example -->
<beans
  xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans";
  xmlns:amq="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core";
  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core
http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core.xsd
  http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd";>

    <!-- Allows us to use system properties as variables in this
configuration file -->
    <bean
         <property name="locations">

<value>file:///${activemq.base}/conf/credentials.properties</value>
         </property>
    </bean>

    <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"; brokerName="Test"
dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data">

        <!-- Destination specific policies using destination names or
wildcards -->
        <destinationPolicy>
            <policyMap>
                <policyEntries>
                    <policyEntry queue=">" memoryLimit="5mb"/>
                    <policyEntry topic=">" memoryLimit="5mb">
                      <!-- you can add other policies too such as these
                        <dispatchPolicy>
                            <strictOrderDispatchPolicy/>
                        </dispatchPolicy>
                        <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
                            <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy/>
                        </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
                      -->
                    </policyEntry>
                </policyEntries>
            </policyMap>
        </destinationPolicy>

        <!-- Use the following to configure how ActiveMQ is exposed in JMX
-->
        <managementContext>
            <managementContext createConnector="false"/>
        </managementContext>

        <!-- The store and forward broker networks ActiveMQ will listen to
-->
        <networkConnectors>
            <!-- by default just auto discover the other brokers -->
            <networkConnector name="default-nc" uri="multicast://default"/>
            <!-- Example of a static configuration:
            <networkConnector name="host1 and host2"
uri="static://(tcp://host1:61616,tcp://host2:61616)"/>
            -->
        </networkConnectors>

        <persistenceAdapter>
            <amqPersistenceAdapter syncOnWrite="false"
directory="${activemq.base}/data" maxFileLength="20 mb"/>
        </persistenceAdapter>

        <!-- Use the following if you wish to configure the journal with
JDBC -->
        <!--
        <persistenceAdapter>
            <journaledJDBC dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data"
dataSource="#postgres-ds"/>
        </persistenceAdapter>
        -->

        <!-- Or if you want to use pure JDBC without a journal -->
        <!--
        <persistenceAdapter>
            <jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataSource="#postgres-ds"/>
        </persistenceAdapter>
        -->

        <sslContext>
            <sslContext keyStore="file:${activemq.base}/conf/broker.ks"
keyStorePassword="password"
trustStore="file:${activemq.base}/conf/broker.ts"
trustStorePassword="password"/>
        </sslContext>

        <!--  The maximum about of space the broker will use before slowing
down producers -->
        <systemUsage>
            <systemUsage>
                <memoryUsage>
                    <memoryUsage limit="20 mb"/>
                </memoryUsage>
                <storeUsage>
                    <storeUsage limit="1 gb" name="foo"/>
                </storeUsage>
                <tempUsage>
                    <tempUsage limit="100 mb"/>
                </tempUsage>
            </systemUsage>
        </systemUsage>

        <!-- The transport connectors ActiveMQ will listen to -->
        <transportConnectors>
            <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"
discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
            <transportConnector name="ssl" uri="ssl://localhost:61617"/>
        </transportConnectors>

    </broker>
</beans>
<!-- END SNIPPET: example -->

I decided to embed activemq by setting the configuration through internal
API. But maybe should I throw a JIRA for this issue ?