From: Lou Parisi [mailto:lou.par...@photomask.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 4:17 AM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Large File Transfer

I have made some sample applications using ActiveMQ BlobMessage and
everything is working.  I have a few questions regarding the best
implementation.

1. Since these are large files is there any built in capability to resume
the file transfer from point of failure if a failure occurs while receiving
the file at the destination?

I have some questions from our infrastructure team asking why the file must
be sent by http or ftp and why not send by direct tcp socket connection like
some peer-to-peer connection between sender and consumer.
1. Is it possible to do something like this using the BlobMessage framework
2. Are there drawbacks to such an implementation that directed you to using
the Jetty HTTP server for transfer?

Thanks for any feedback or comments.