bsnyder wrote:

>> Is this JMS message now out-of-the-box (=by default) kept persistent
>> (e.g.
>> in a textfile) until it is fetched from a JMS consumer?
>
> Yes, the message is persisted. ActiveMQ 5.x uses the AMQ Message Store
> as the default persistence store:
>
> http://activemq.apache.org/amq-message-store.html

So ok, where is this AMQ Message Store (based on files) physically ?
Is it in the whole "data" sub-directory of ActiveMQ or is it in a
subdirectory (journal, kr-store, localhost)
of "data" sub-directory?

Are the files of the AMQ Message Store human readable?

Can I backup e.g. these files to a safe place then do some app JMS
operations and later copy the original files back to reset ActiveMQ Message
Store to the initial state?

In the link you gave me there is a config file "amqPersistenceAdapter"
mentioned.
Where is this file? I found no "amqPersistenceAdapter.xml" file in ActiveMQ
installation directory tree.

bsnyder wrote:

>> How/Where can I define a database (e.g. MySQL) as persistence container?
>
> ActiveMQ can be configured to use straight JDBC or journaled JDBC
> depending on the performance you need:
>
> http://activemq.apache.org/persistence.html

Hmm is there a sample on how to configure it for
- MySQL
- Oracle?

Which tables/users do I have to create in MySQL/Oracle in advance?

How do I tell activemq  to use file based storage (for queues with name
pattern for*) and database based
storeage for queues with name pattern bar* ?

Peter