Product: Activemq 5.2

I'm having an issue with activemq creating tables when Postgres 8.1 is the
persistence database. The error that I get is this:
WARNING: Could not create JDBC tables; they could already exist. Failure
was: CREATE TABLE ACTIVEMQ_MSGS(ID INTEGER NOT NULL
, CONTAINER VARCHAR(250), MSGID_PROD VARCHAR(250), MSGID_SEQ INTEGER,
EXPIRATION BIGINT, MSG BLOB, PRIMARY KEY ( ID ) ) Mess
age: ERROR: type "blob" does not exist SQLState: 42704 Vendor code: 0

I've tried using the defaultJDBCAdapter and the bytesJDBCAdapter. Any hints
would be appreciated.