You should not create the session and temporary queue for every request. You
should create them when you create the client [1] (or at least cache them).
These operations are expensive and require remote calls to the broker.

The slowdown of faster clients may be due to Producer Flow Control [2],
which is enabled by default.

-Andres
[1]
http://activemq.apache.org/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html