bsnyder wrote:

> Correct, sessions should be exclusive to a specific consumer and
> should not be shared at all.

Bruce, thanks for the clarification.

The reason I brought it up is that I am using Spring.NET with NMS and we
regularly experience thread deadlock. I sent a bit of sample code to Jim
Gomes and we have concluded it is most likely a problem within Spring.NET
and not NMS.

I have looked at the Spring.Net (and Java Spring) code for
'CachingConnectionFactory' and became thoroughly confused because there is a
'SessionCacheSize' property and that class appears to be caching sessions
based on AcknowledgementMode.  In the test code I created to demonstrate the
thread problem, the issue does not occur when 'SessionCacheSize' is set to a
number that is larger than the number of concurrent consumers in the
application.

Once I made that discovery I jumped to the conclusion that perhaps multiple
consumers were getting created from the same session, which is why I asked
the original question.