Bruce, thanks again for your answers.

bsnyder wrote:

>> geronimo-j2ee-management_1.0_spec-1.0.jar
>> geronimo-jms_1.1_spec-1.1.1.jar
>> geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec-1.0.1.jar
>
> Those JARs are just APIs for a given specification. In other words, those
> JARs contain the interfaces put forth by each of those specs. The
> j2ee-management spec deals with JMX, the JMS spec deals with JMS, the JTA
> spec deals with transactionality. These JARs do not tightly couple
> ActiveMQ with Java EE. ActiveMQ can be used with a Java EE container, a
> web container or in a stand alone environment. In fact, the most popular
> deployment style with ActiveMQ is stand alone.
>
> [snip]
>
> Also, none of those JARs has anything to do with JNDI.
>
>> Would it be possible to use ActiveMQ without these JARs?
>
> No, the JMS spec requires the use of these specs.

Ok, that clears that up. Besides, I just checked those JARs and they are
pretty small anyway.

bsnyder wrote:

>> Is there any way to develop ActiveMQ applications that do not use JNDI?
>> Perhaps via Spring?
>
> Yes, the use of JNDI is not a requirement. ActiveMQ supports the use of
> JNDI but does not require it.

Could you point me to a code example of using ActiveMQ (hopefully with
Spring) outside any J2EE environment, that does not use JNDI? As close to a
real life working project as possible?

Thanks again and best regards.