Hi Doug,

this should not be the question. The message should be either TextMessage or
toString() will be used on any other kind of message. Take a look at
http://activemq.apache.org/ajax.html#Ajax-Receivingmessages. for more
details.

Please let us know if it works for you and file any bugs you find in the
process (with a test case if possible).

Cheers
--
Dejan Bosanac