Hi,

are you sure you're sending map messages from Python?

If you use Stomp protocol, you have to send your data xml or json encoded
and use "transformation" header to specify how data should be converted to
Java. I suggest you read this
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/Stomp#Stomp-Messagetransformationsand
look at StompTest (
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/transport/stomp/StompTest.java?view=markup)
for some more examples.

You can also use py-activemq (http://code.google.com/p/pyactivemq/) lib
which can use OpenWire and CMS API to send map messages naturally.

Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net