Joe Fernandez wrote:

> Sounds like you're wanting to implement a message-level audit trail? With
> Camel, you could very quickly  implement a wiretap message pattern
> (http://camel.apache.org/wire-tap.html) and have the wiretap route the
> tapped messages to a log4j appender. The appender's logfile could rollover
> based on size and/or time. You could then write a simple MBean that is
> loaded via a plugin and used to query the appender's log file. With this
> approach, you'd have much more control.

Thanks for the idea, that sounds like a possible solution.  I was hoping,
however, to do this with the stock AMQ MBeans and queue configuration rather
than introducing new code into our system, however, it looks like I might
have to do this.  The existing MBean views are sufficient for our purposes,
but the problem is that the messages are so short-lived in the queue that
they are rarely browseable.

I found the following open ticket for implemented fixed-size rollover
queues, so this answers my first question: