>What sort of instability are you seeing?  If there were some specific
>areas than people could comment on how they've addressed them.

Producer can send the message, but consumer nothing get.
There is two ActiveMQ servers and C# clients with failover on.

>what hardware are you using? or virtualization?
Dell servers
>what os (for clients and server)?
Centos 4.4
>how many brokers are you intending to run and how will you network them?
Two.
>how many queues do you intend to use?
2000 queues
  - how many topics do you intend to use?
10 topics
  - how many producers or consumers are you expecting?
4000
  - what sort of message volume are you expecting?
less then 1kb
  - what protocol will you be using? jms, stomp, etc..?
openwire version 2

Best regards
Piotr