I have a test case in ActiveMQ 5.3 that is failing and would like to know if
this is expected behaviour or a bug.

Here's the test:
1) Create 100 test messages in a queue
2) Use jconsole and verify that the queue size is 100
3) Use jconsole and browseAsTable() to view the messages
4) Use jconsole and purge() to delete the messages
5) Use jconsole and verify that the queue size is 0
6) Use jconsole and browseAsTable() to verify that no messages are viewable

The test fails at step (6).  It seems that regardless of how I try to delete
the messages, they are still returned by the queue browser.  I have tried
this test with both PERSISTENT and NON-PERSISTENT messages --- the behaviour
is the same.

This behaviour seems incorrect to me.  If this is normal behaviour, then is
creating a dummy consumer with a selector to choose the messages that I want
deleted the only way to permanently remove messages from a queue?

Thanks,
Stirling