Hi Yair,

We don't currently support the timeout feature - but if you could add an enhancement request - we'll try fit in 5.4

thanks,

Rob
On 14 Jan 2010, at 16:02, yair wrote:

hi all
I m currently using amazon's SQS as a queue for jobs running in my systems. When a "worker" machine takes a job from the queue, it becomes invisible to other workers. The queue has a configurable timeout, so that if in X seconds the worker didn't deleted the message completely from the queue, it will
return to the queue.

I m trying to make this work in ActiveMQ instead of SQS. I m using sessions to commit after receiving messages, so that if a machine will crush (thus
closing the connection) the message will stay in the queue (this works
fine). However, i want it to also use some timeout to return the message to
the queue. Is this possible in ActiveMQ?

thanks
Yair