I believe this meets the majority of your requirements:

http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-configure-activemq-to-hold-100s-of-millions-of-queue-messages-.html

Using KahaDB as a persistent store gets flaky for me after 30K or so
messages. Indexing takes way too long and happens every second. I got around
the OOM, by increasing the heap space. I'll post back with my test results
from Rob's fix, soon after the snapshot is made available.

My results are better with AMQStore, but recovery after failover is very
slow.

I'd be interested to hear your results as my requirements are similar.