Yep - I'm pretty sure the broker is running. The only thing I'm not too sure
of is the connector is defined as:

<transportConnector name="stomp" uri="stomp://localhost:61613?trace=true"/>

but my URL I'm connecting with is:

String connecturi = "stomp:tcp://10.243.169.4:61613";

I'm still a bit of a noob with the connection URLs and I'm not sure if this
is correct or not. Certainly when I'm stepping through debug, all the
parsing seems correct.