Thanks. I' was under the same opinion, but the question really boils down to
if information about the state (i.e what was the last message consumed) a
certain subscriber is relayed across to other brokers in the network.

Say, if a subscriber with ClientID_A connects to broker A, and then at a
later point connects to broker B..will broker B treat this as a new
subscriber (consumer) and resend all messages or would it have information
about this client from broker A?

I've been able to find a reference to a similar problem in this post here -
http://old.nabble.com/Receiving-old-messages-on-durable-topics-after-application-restart-using-ActiveMQ-two-node-cluster-td26230816.html

At the very end, there is a suggestion to use virtual topics. Just
interested in knowing if would that work?