you are running separate sessions for each of those dequeue/enqueue stats?

in my flow control tests even when one particular session was hung other
sessions to the same broker was fine, just when I overwhelmed broker and GC
/ disk checkpointing occurred that it got really bad.

have you turned on debugging as that although verbose is a wealth of
information!