Hi,

It appears we may be getting by this
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2009 or some variant of
it i.e. messages are getting stuck in a queue. We are busy looking at
our config and gradually making changes to try and resolve it but we
can't replicate in dev so it's slow going. We're using ActiveMQ 5.2.0
in a network of brokers.

Once a number of messages are stuck on a queue, we're using a couple
of workarounds to get them resuscitated:

Bounce the brokers. This usually gets reinvigorates about 50% of them.
The rest become immune.
Copy the messages off the queue using a query browser, purge the
original queue and resubmit the messages. This works but there's a
real danger of losing a message that arrived in the interim.
Keep doing the above until none of the messages are stuck.

It would be great if there was a way, from the WebConsole, to shake
the messages awake, btw.

Anyone else faced with a similar problem? How have you solved it? Our
latest configuration change attempt is to reduce the prefetch down to
1 for all of our consumers.

regards,
Jamie.