Hi Rob,

Rob Davies schrieb:
> this happens when AMQ Store is not shutdown cleanly - the references have to
> be rebuilt from the transaction logs. Nothing to worry about - but would
> recommend KahadB is 5.3/5.3.1

Well, after my experiences with kahaDB and 5.3 I would recommend waiting
for 5.3.1. kahaDB is very inperformant when reading a lot of data. We
have a production system with a store between 2.5 G and 4 G. And kahaDB
takes about 1 1/1 hour to recover. When checking with truss it lseeks
all the time and then reads single byte read() (aprox. 5 1-byte-read()
to 1 llseek() call) ...

We are heavily using queues at our site and one application uses the
broker for data storage for up to 3 days (sic, I'm discussing this with
the designer often - but until now with no success). And about 100k
messages that are no problem when the broker is running slow down the
startup since the broker seeks all the time.

I hope, 5.3.1 will make that much better :-).

bye,
    Roland

--
Roland Thomas Lichti
IT Application Manager

Telefónica o2 Germany GmbH & Co. OHG
Hülshorstweg 30, 33415 Verl
t: +49 5246 80 1121, f: +49 5246 80 2121
m: +49 160 98949570
roland.lic...@telefonica.de
http://www.telefonica.de

Bitte finden Sie hier die