Have a look at the ruby jmx4r example at the bottom of this blog entry as a
starting point on a simple way to code jmx calls :
http://pavelgolubeff.ya.ru/replies.xml?item_no=1583&ncrnd=3263

It may also be worth investing some time in a junit test case for your
scenario, as that would speed up finding the root cause and identifying the
required fix.