Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Below is the code snippet I'm using, kindly check if this is the right way.

        try {
                failoverTransportFactory = new FailoverTransportFactory();

                Map<String, String> params = new HashMap<String, String>();
                failoverTransport =
failoverTransportFactory.createTransport(params);
                failoverTransport.add("tcp://localhost:61616");
                failoverTransport.setTransportListener(new Listener());
                failoverTransport.setMaxReconnectAttempts(1000);
                failoverTransport.setReconnectDelay(15000);
                failoverTransport.setUseExponentialBackOff(true);
                failoverTransport.setTimeout(3600000);
                failoverTransport.start();

                connectionFactory = new ActiveMQConnectionFactory(null,
null, "tcp://192.168.150.46:61616");
                connection = (ActiveMQConnection)
PubSubClient.connectionFactory.createConnection();
                connection.setClientID(clientId);
                connection.setExceptionListener(new ExceptionHandler());
                connection.start();

                session = connection.createSession(false,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
                topic = (ActiveMQTopic) session.createTopic(topicName);
        } catch (InterruptedIOException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        } catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

According to my understanding, Failovertransport, is basically establishing
a reliable transport connection to the JMS provider. In the event of any
problem at the provider, the client gets notified. And then, rest of the job
of creating a connection, session remains the same.

Thank you!