Hello All,
I have an NMS client using the stomp broker on a .netcf device. For the most
part it works absolutely fine, but now I'm trying to harden the device (for
network failures etc.).
I have added an exception listener and specifically look for IOExceptions
(which I believe are what .NET throws if the GPRS/3G network connectivity
dies). I can successfully capture this exception and then I fire off a
thread to restart the connection and add my listeners again.

At the moment this method doesn't seem to work - I can never get a
connection again. Can anyone advise what is the best way of doing this?

I've also attached my code so that you know what I'm trying to do.

    class AMQMessageHandler

    {

        private String myQueue;

        private String connecturi;

        //private ISession session;

        IConnectionFactory factory;

        IConnection connection;

        ISession session;

        IDestination destination;

        IMessageConsumer messageConsumer;

        /*

         * the UI thread within whose context the code will be executed

         */

        private Form uiThread;

>         /*

         * function in the UI thread to handle exceptions

         */

        private Delegate exceptionDelegate;

>         public AMQMessageHandler(String connectionURI, String driverID,
> Delegate exceptionDelegate, Form uiThread)

        {

            this.connecturi = connectionURI;

            this.myQueue = "driver.channel." + driverID;

            this.uiThread = uiThread;

            this.exceptionDelegate    = exceptionDelegate;

        }

        {

>             try

            {

                this.factory = new ConnectionFactory(connecturi);

                this.connection = this.factory.CreateConnection();

                this.session = this.connection.CreateSession();

                this.destination = SessionUtil.GetDestination(session,
> "queue://" + myQueue);

                this.messageConsumer = session.CreateConsumer(destination);

                messageConsumer.Listener += new
> MessageListener(messageConsumer_Listener);

                connection.ExceptionListener += new
> ExceptionListener(connection_ExceptionListener);

                connection.Start();

>             }

            catch (Exception ex)

            {

                uiThread.Invoke(exceptionDelegate,ex.Message);

            }

        }

>         public delegate void RestartConnectionDelegate();

>         private void restartConnection()

        {

            new System.Threading.Thread(threadedStartConnection).Start();

        }

>         private void threadedStartConnection()

        {

            int retryCount = 1;

            bool keepTryingtoRestart = true;

>             while (keepTryingtoRestart == true)

            {

                //tsalem - add some kind of logging here

                //listBox.Items.Add("attempting to reconnect - pass " +
> retryCount);

                System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(3000);

                {

                    this.factory = new ConnectionFactory(connecturi);

                    this.connection = this.factory.CreateConnection();

                    this.session = this.connection.CreateSession();

                    this.destination = SessionUtil.GetDestination(session,
> "queue://" + myQueue);

                    this.messageConsumer =
> session.CreateConsumer(destination);

                    messageConsumer.Listener += new
> MessageListener(messageConsumer_Listener);

                    connection.ExceptionListener += new
> ExceptionListener(connection_ExceptionListener);

                    connection.Start();

>                     keepTryingtoRestart = false;

                }

                catch (Exception ex)

                {

                    uiThread.Invoke(exceptionDelegate, ex.Message +"\n" +
> ex.StackTrace);

                    //tsalem change this to check for keep retrying rather
> than on a counter

                    if (retryCount == 50)

                    {

                        keepTryingtoRestart = false;

                    }

>                 }

                retryCount++;

            }

        }

>         public void messageConsumer_Listener(IMessage receivedMessage)

        {

            try

            {

                ITextMessage message = receivedMessage as ITextMessage;

                message.Acknowledge();

                //tsalem - todo - handle message

                if (message.Text != null)

                {

                    AMQUtil.Instance.ResponseAvailable(message.Text,
> uiThread);

                }

                else

                {

                    uiThread.Invoke(exceptionDelegate, "ERROR: AMQ Message
> is empty");

                }

            }

            catch (Exception ex)

            {

                uiThread.Invoke(exceptionDelegate,ex.Message);

            }

        }

>         void connection_ExceptionListener(Exception exception)

        {

            uiThread.Invoke(exceptionDelegate,exception.Message);

>             if (exception is System.IO.IOException)

            {

                //Invoke(new
> RestartConnectionDelegate(threadedStartConnection));

                threadedStartConnection();

            }

        }

    }